Module Progress
0% Complete

As a groomer, it’s extremely important you take out the relevant insurances to not only protect your business but also to protect yourself. 

Below, we’ve given you a list of business insurances that you need to consider:

  • General Liability Insurance – This will cover damages or injuries that a client may suffer while at your facility, such as a slip, fall, or a dog bite. 
  • Commercial Property Insurance – if you have your own grooming premises, this will cover the costs if your property is damaged or destroyed. 
  • Errors and Omissions Insurance – This will protect your business if a dog is injured as a result of your grooming services. 
  • Tools and Equipment Insurance – This will cover the repair or replacement of grooming tables, crates, computers and other equipment needed to run your business. 
  • Workers Compensation Insurance – This will cover the costs if an employee gets bitten or sustains other work-related injuries. 
  • Commercial Auto Insurance -If you’re going to be a mobile groomer then it’s really important you find a suitable insurance that will cover your vehicle. 

With many insurers you’ll be able to find plans that cover all or most of the above in one premium. 

For instance, you may want to consider getting a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP), which is a combination of general liability and commercial property insurances. It is a more comprehensive package with a lower cost than purchasing each insurance separately. 

There are plenty of insurance companies to choose from in the US market. We recommend conducting a simple search for ‘Dog boarding insurance’ or for each of the stated insurance types above. You can use insurance comparisons sites to help you compare prices and to help you get the best deal.