Module Progress
0% Complete

As a boarder, it’s extremely important you take out the relevant insurances to not only protect your business but also to protect yourself. 

Below we’ve given you a list of business insurances that you need to consider: 

  • Public Liability Insurance – This will cover any damage or injuries to the third party owners and the general public. 
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance – This will cover you against any claims made by clients for loss or damage due to negligent advice or services.
  • Animal illness cover – This will cover you if a dog falls ill or has an accident whilst in your care. 
  • Personal accident insurance – This will cover you if you had an accident or were injured while at work. For example if you were bitten by a dog you were walking and you needed help covering medical bills or you were unable to work for a while. 
  • Accidents and injury insurance – This will help protect you against the loss of, or injury to a dog in your care. This does not include your own pets. 
  • Employers Liability Insurance – Even if your staff are volunteers and do not receive any kind of payment, you still need to have this insurance. 

With many insurers you’ll be able to find plans that cover all or most of the above in one premium. 

There are plenty of insurance companies to choose from in the UK market. We recommend conducting a simple search for ‘Dog boarding insurance’ or for each of the stated insurance types above. You can use insurance comparisons sites to help you compare prices and to help you get the best deal.